<$BlogRSDUrl$>

13 November 2003

The Pain of Embarrassment 

So last night, I went to the food store to pick up a few things. Seems kind of straightforward right? I am trying to be good now that I have my own place that takes up a big chunk of my monthly income. So I am making large quantities of food so that I can take my lunch to work eat dinner at home etc. So I guess I went a little over board last night...I, of course, did not understand this until I started my walk home.

For all of you that do not know my whole life situation, I do not own a car. For two years I lived with Dave and he had a car and let me use it when I needed/wanted it. And just for him - I really loved living with you, and yes I am still VERY sorry about that whole “First Boyfriend” thing!
Getting back to the matter of this mornings title, it is not too far of a walk from the store to my place, but when carrying 4 lbs of chicken breast, 2 - 32 oz cans of mango juice, a carton of eggs, a 5lb spaghetti squash, and a bunch of others things such as apple, onions, 1.5 lbs of mayo, salad dressing, etc…it got to be a bit how shall we put it - HEAVY.

Unfortunately for me, I of course already had a full back pack from work, so I really could not put much in my bag and carry it that way, so it was those lovely plastic bags for me! After awhile the feeling in my arms went out…and my fingers…and oh yes, it was raining, pretty hard and because of the bags, I could not hold the umbrella…and it was cold and windy. Well, I am walking down the driveway of my complex when my ID (which hangs around my neck) caught two on the bags on my left arm…fearful for my eggs that were on my right arm, I could not just drop the bag to rescue my neck. Of course at this point some middle aged guy in his 4 door BMW screeches by me on his way to a packing spot and then decided to stand there on his way to the front door of his building and laugh at me, while of course he is protected by is London Fog umbrella and raincoat from the weather.

Damn you! All that I have to say to you, is that you are middle aged, living in an apartment complex and your car is probable a lease! So hopefully your car insurance company is screwing you right now! Also, you are NOT attractive, and there are probably many reasons why you had to go out and lease that car – trying to prove something buddy?
Needless to say, I finally got over being choked to death by my groceries and got into my place.

But it does not end there…

So Lara comes over so that we can watch that wonderfully trashy show The Bachelor . Last night was not as good as we hoped – I actually thought that most of the women were pretty nice to Leann…But anyway – I was in the kitchen washing dishes and went to put them away in the cabinet above my head – well these new ones are much larger than my old ones and while opening it up I ended up smacking myself really hard in the face with it…opps…I am now sporting a lovely bruise above my left eye. All that I can say is that thankfully I had not yet gotten around to plucking my eyebrows and the cut is pretty much covered…but my eye is now that wonderful shade of red/purple…I have already had to explain to a few people - "No, I was not beaten up by someone, my cabinets attacked me…" maybe I should contact Fax for their next special “When Household Items Attack!”…It could work…and now back to the lab and to get more ice for my eye...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com