<$BlogRSDUrl$>

19 January 2004

Eeek! 

So I was at the gym running my miles at the nice clip of 5.2 - It takes me a bit of time to get up to that speed - I play around for about 15-20 mins with the speed and the incline before I do the required and dreaded "Running". So over all I make sure that I do at least 3 miles on the treadmill before I stop. So I get to the gym tonight and all of the treadmills are taken - okay - no big deal...I use the bike and do a few miles on it - all of the treadmills are STILL taken...So I figure that maybe I'll do the X-trainer until a treadmill opens up...Okay...Pretty good plan - Or so I thought...There was a VERY good reason why no one was using it - it made a noise like no other. Everyone in the room started to give me dirty looks..But my bike was now taken by someone else...At that moment I really wished that I had ear phones...I was getting ready to stop and the girl next to told them that the machine was not broken, it was just noisy...It was just bad...Someone finally got off one of the treadmills and thus, my ears were saved...So back to the point of all of this...I am running along...listening to NPR on the radio (as everyone else has headphones on put on "All Things Considered") "enjoying" my running...and then this guy comes in with his law book and JUMPS (i kid you not) onto the X-Trainer...It was crying...I could not hear anymore NPR and the very cute guy that was in the workout room just kept on giving this law student nasty looks. So, I paused my program and went down stairs to talk to the guy at the front desk...Little help that he - I do not think that this guy has seen outside of a mother board in about 5 years...I explain the problem to him and he just looks at me...
And after about a minute he says "So - what's the problem?"
Me: "It is really noisy up there is his pounding and the machines crying is breaking my concentration!"
Him: "Oh so the machine is making noise?"
Me: "Yes, can you oil it or something?"
Him: "Ummmmmm...I don't know know...hold on." And then he runs outside and comes back in a few moments later. "We have someone who does that - they will be here in a few weeks..."
Me: "Thanks a lot!"
So I go back upstairs and try to finish, I do another 0.5 mile (my last one) and the whole time I am saying to myself "I will not kill him, he is just trying to get some studying done and work out..." I said this over and over to myself...I swore that this guy was just getting angry about what ever he was reading as sometimes he would just go at the machine and it would cry even more...According to the cute guy the law student ALWAYS uses that machine - NO MATTER WHAT!!! So I packup my things and get ready to leave and as I am walking out of the gym I hear this noise - 10 times worse than the machine upstairs - it was the manager of the gym's car - no wonder the noise does not bother him - The machine upstairs is just a gentle humming compared to the sound that his car makes...I just hope that I do not have to run every night with the crazy law student...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com