<$BlogRSDUrl$>

26 January 2004

ick! 

So it snowed last night - and I have found out that I am at the one University that is ever worse than my undergrad school about closing...They really do not close for snow or anything else. Lara and I left this morning for work, but after we had to get off and wait on the platform with about 5 million of our friends - we decided to go get some coffee and allow the rush to pass. While drinking our coffee and passing time we noticed that you could not see any black at all on the street, the cars that were driving were going all over the place and that it was starting to sleet. We had a long talk about either going back home or going to work - in the end we decided that my mother could decide for us - she told us to go home as the weather was only going to get worse...So we did. I figured (correctly) that I could just work on my poster from home and I could just set it up when I got in to work on Tuesday - but now they are saying that there will be a whole lot ice around on Tuesday...
At least I was able to pick up my new keys when we got in. Here is the fun reason why I needed to get my apartment re-keyed today...There have been some strange things going on with my apartment as of late - little things have been out of place or different. Here is just one example - I love baths, but even if I take a bath, I end up showering off at the end, so the water is always set to come out from the shower head (it is one of those types that you have to screw the the handle to work it). I have turned on the water at least 2 times as of late, one time just last week, and the water has come out of the bottom...I was thinking that maybe it was just me...But then I woke up this morning and my front door handle was unlocked. I am a total freak about making sure that my door is locked, even when I am at home, and I almost always check the door 2 or 3 times before going to bed, just to make sure...It is one of those little OCD things...Well, this morning when I went to open up the door to get the paper, the door was unlocked. The bolt on the door was still bolted, but then the bolts have this safety feature where you can turn the knob on the bolt so far that someone cannot even unlock the bolt from the outside...So there was no chance that someone could have gotten in while I was in there...But who knows about when I am at work or out playing...But everyone at my complex was very nice about getting the locks replaced right away and they are going to check the video tapes for odd people and that type of thing...You have to love all of the videos that they have going around my place...Oh well...Off to go do work!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com