<$BlogRSDUrl$>

28 January 2004

Posters and abstracts... 

So I have this poster to do for work - last week it was all about writing up the abstract for the poster. Also - we are getting down to the wire for G-day. G-day falls on a Monday this year. I remember the first grant that I helped to write - it is a hard long process where nothing ever seems to go right. But the one advantage to living here in D.C. (and a big reason why those around the country hate us) was always that you could keep on writing and collecting until about 2 or 3 pm and still be able to hand your grant in at the federal grant offices. But since 11-9-01, you have to send it in. So, unless we plan on getting a same day currier here - we have to have this to FedEx by sometime on Sunday (we think) for next day delivery.

Oh come on! Like FedEx should complain about having to move a package of paper 5 miles in one day!

But in any case - between trying to finish up my poster, crashing 4 computers, losing all of my info, running around getting works sited done and updating my resume for this grant - it has not been a bad day. I really don't mind the over time right now as I'll be needing all of that comp. time soon. 5 days in Fl with Abby, another 5 days in PA staying with my Grand Aunt while my mother plays in Az with my aunts. My Grand Aunt just turned 90 and has been told by her doctor that she has the body of a 65 year old...Think about it - it is a very good and cool thing. She has given me a new idea of what it means to get old - she just developed arthritis in one of her knees in the past year - other than that - she it totally healthy and is sharp as a tack!

But back to my crashing the computers today - I am to post my poster in the "H" drive of the university, in a notepad document - but it will not go with out changing the format of the whole thing...I guess that I am going to have to wait until the morning to put it in that folder....Oh well...I guess it will be nice to head home so that I can actually have some type of meal today other than the few snacks that I snuck in today...But I will give banana's with peanut butter props for making it possible for me to make it through the day!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com