<$BlogRSDUrl$>

19 January 2004

Songs of My Life 

“Time it was and what a time it was it was, a time of innocence a time of confidences.
Long ago it must be, I have a photograph. Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you.” Simon & Garfunkel

So Ideastorm (A fellow writer over on Livejournal.com) came up with the idea of doing a sound track of ones life and asked others to do the same – so here I go! Let me know if you come up with one too!

Opening Credits:
“Circle Dream” – 10,000 Maniacs
" I dreamed of a circle, I dreamed of a circle round. And in that circle was a maze, a terrible spiral to be lost in. Blind in my fear, I was escaping just by feel. But at every turn my way was sealed."

Waking Up Scene:
“Subterranean Homesick Alien” – Radiohead
"The breath of the morning I keep forgetting the smell of the warm summer air. I live in a town where you can't smell a thing You watch your feet for cracks in the pavement
Up above aliens hover making home movies for the folks back home. Of all these weird creatures who lock up their spirits drill holes in themselves and live for their secrets"

Avg. Day Scene:
“Imagine”- John Lennon
"Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. No hell below us. Above us only sky Imagine all the people. Living for today..."

Hanging out with Friends:
“Ray of Light” – Madonna
"And I feel like I just got home. Faster than the speeding light she's flying, trying to remember where it all began. She's got herself a little piece of heaven"

First Date Scene:
“Come Away With Me” – Norah Jones
"Come away with me on a bus. Come away where they can't tempt us with their lies.
I want to walk with you on a cloudy day, in fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high. So won't you try to come?"

Love Scene:
“Ice Cream” – Sarah MacLachlan
"Your love is better than chocolate. Better than anything else that I've tried. Oh love is better than chocolate. Everyone here knows how to cry. "

Sex Scene:
“Green Eyes” - Coldplay
"Honey you are the sea, upon which I float. And I came here to talk, I think you should know. The green eyes, you're the one that I wanted to find. And anyone who tried to deny you, must be out of their mind."

Summer Scene:
“Chemistry” - Semisonic
"I remember when I found out about chemistry. It was a long, long way from here. I was old enough to want it but younger than I wanted to be, Suddenly my mission was clear."

Fight with a Friend Scene:
“Nearly Lost You” Screaming Trees
"There's a rider that's fallen and it's clear there's no time to return. I nearly, I nearly lost you there."

Break Up Scene:
“The Gift” – Annie Lennox
"I need to go outside. I need to leave the smoke. 'Cause I can't go on living in this same sick joke. It seems our lives have taken on a different kind of twist. Now that you have given me the perfect gift. You have given me the gift. For we have fallen from our shelves, to face the truth about ourselves, and we have tumbled from our trees."

Getting Back together Scene:
“Dreaming my Dreams” – The Cranberries
"I'll be dreaming my dreams with you. And there's no other place, that I'd lay down my face. I'll be dreaming my dreams with you."

Family Fight:
“Shout” - Tears for Fears
"Shout! They gave you life. And in return you gave them them hell."

Life’s Okay Scene:
"Je Crois Entendre Encore" - Nicolai Gedda
"Divine rapture, delightful thought, mad intoxication, sweet dream in the clear starlight. I still believe I see"

Autumn Scene:
“Nightswimming” REM
"The photograph on the dashboard, taken years ago, turned around backwards so the windshield shows. Every streetlight reveals the picture in reverse. Still, it's so much clearer. I forgot my shirt at the water's edge. The moon is low tonight."

Mental Breakdown Scene:
“Little Earth Quakes” – Tori Amos
"And I hate - elevator music. The way we fight. The way I'm left here silent. Oh these little earthquakes, here we go again. These little earthquakes. Doesn't take much to rip us into pieces. We danced in graveyards with vampires till dawn, We laughed in the faces of kings never afraid to burn."

Driving Scene:
“No Sleep ‘Til Brooklyn” – Beastie Boys
"Foot on the pedal - never ever false metal. Engine running hotter than a boiling kettle.
My job's ain't a job - it's a damn good time. City to city..."

Winter Scene:
“Long December” – Counting Crows
"The smell of hospitals in winter. And the feeling that it's all a lot of oysters, but no pearls. All at once you look across a crowded room, to see the way that light attaches to a girl"

Feeling Hatred Scene:
“It’s the Life” - Grant Lee Buffalo
"Then your heart it will be broken. And every sour word that you have spoken about everybody else, will return to act upon yourself. If the life you have created, is founded on jealousy and hatred. It's too late to ask questions. For you're much too old to take any suggestions."

Lesson Learning:
“Trouble” – Kristen Hersh
"Trouble, oh trouble can't you see. You're eating my heart away, and there's nothing much left of me. I've drunk your wine, you have made your world mine, So won't you be fair?"

Spring Scene:
“The Promise” - Tracy Chapman
"If you wait for me then I'll come for you. Although I've traveled far, I always hold a place for you in my heart. If you think of me, If you miss me once in awhile. Then I'll return to you. I'll return and fill that space in your heart."

Closing Credits:
“Oh Very Young” - Cat Stevens
"Oh very young, what will you leave us this time. There'll never be a better chance to change your mind. And if you want this world to see a better day. Will you carry the words of love with you? Will you ride the great white bird into heaven? And though you want to last forever, you know you never will."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com