<$BlogRSDUrl$>

27 February 2004

I'm sorry - what did you just say? 

So I called the doctors office (again - I was on hold for a half hour waiting to get an appointment yesterday when they hung up on me, and I was just too tired to wait on hold again if I called back) to get an appointment to see my GP about this sinus infection as well as another on going issue.
So I got through to the appointment line pretty fast...Right away the questions started:
Office: "How long have you been feeling sick?"
Me "I have had this cold for a bit now, maybe two weeks, but now it is starting to turn into an infection."
O: "How do you know that?"
M: I have had chronic sinus infections for years, I know."
O:"Are you sure?"
M: "Of what?"
O: "That it is a sinus infection! Are you sure that you are not pregnant?"
M: Laughing, "I did not know that pregnancy felt like a sinus infection"
O: "If there any chance that you are pregnant?"
M: "I can assure you - we are safe on that front. I am most certainly not with child!"
O: "How can you be sure?"
M: "I think that I would have remembered having sex!"
O: "Are you sure?"

This was just the start…I had no idea that my sex life (or the lack of one) was such a big deal...They even sent me over to talk to an "Advice Nurse" so I could be check out as "someone in your condition needs to have medical check ups on a regular basis”...I asked what condition we were talking about - My PCOS – it is not like they ever cared about it before this phone call! No, the fact that I may be pregnant and am not taking care of myself by seeing my doctor for regular check ups...I think that one of us is missing something here...But at least I'll be going to see the doctor on Monday...and just to be sure - they told me that they will be scheduling me for a pelvic just to see how far along I am...For the record: I would remember having sex!!!
God, I feel like I am back at health services in college! Abs, Jules, Kate and Lara, you all can back me up on this one, right?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com