<$BlogRSDUrl$>

01 February 2004

Money?!? 

So I am still here in the lab. I have been here since about 3:00 pm today. I got up this morning (I was waken by the kitten who always knows when it is "Wet Food Sunday" and wakes me up nice and early...) made my coffee, read a few sections of the paper and then got to work on my third and final re-reading of the Grant this weekend. Now for those of you that have not been part of a grant proposal - writing and the subsequent readings of a grant before it is handed in take forever. We have been writing this Grant since the end of August. We have gone through many different versions and upgrades - including one that totally revamped it a few weeks back...It was looking like a good time for a mental break down about then. Around 12:30 Phil calls to tell me that he has totally rewritten a few sections - on one hand I was relieved as there were sections that seemed fine when I read them in parts - but then when the whole thing was put together - they just did not work well at all - So at least Phil and I agreed on them (hopefully) but on the other hand I knew that this mend I would have to read the Grant for a 4th time once I got into the lab. He said that he would call me before he got ready to go in so I would have an idea of how long it would be before he would pick me up (some time around 2:00pm). I finished the read through - made the dip for Jeanie's Supper Bowl party - called WonderBoy to inform him that we would be in the lab around 3:00 pm - he said that he would be over at some point (we are still awaiting his arrival) - Called Jeanie and informed her of the events of the day (she already had and idea), and cleaned up a bit. By the time Phil called - I was read to go! A short bit later we speeding off to the lab ready for what he was saying "a few short hours in the lab". About 6 hours later we still have awhile longer in front of us. I called Jeanie and told her that I was still at work and that I probably will not be able to make it down to her place tonight, but that I will drop the dip off to her this week as it makes are really good pizza - really, it does! I hoping that we will get out of her tonight by about 1:00 am - so that we can be back in here early in the morning to drop it off in the Micro & Immuno Dept where the same day currier will take it over to NIH for a ton of money! (But, at least we live in a place where a service such as this one!) I am so going to be able to get a good amount of comp time this week!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com