<$BlogRSDUrl$>

27 March 2004

Babies and Aliens! 

First of all, a very big congratulations has to go out to Audrey and Mike on the birth of their daughter Gracie!

So even though it is Saturday, there is much to be done today. I have to finish all of this laundry, clean up the house before the owners return, go to work for a few hours to get some things done and then get ready for Andrea’s dance recital. I am very excited about this as her parents are coming down to see it too and I have not seen them in awhile. Also, I’ll be able to see Bill and give him my congratulations on asking Andrea and her saying “Yes!” They are so sweet and cute together! After the recital we are going out to go out to dinner…very exciting! I told Andrea that I feel like I am 6 years old here and not 26, but it is fun!

Yesterday I never made it to work. I went to my apartment to do some quick cleaning and discovered that my neighbors had once again backed up my kitchen sink. The ironic thing was that my building manager had told me (just before I went into my place) that the one way valve for my drain had just come in…So hopefully that will install it early in the coming week and I will no linger have to worry about this problem.

My doctors appointment went pretty well, he has ordered more “fun” tests and some out patient surgery…got to love it!

When I was on my way to the doctors, Abs called and asked me to check in on Nick has he has been under the weather for a few days now with some stomach problems. I told her that I would check in on him after the appointment, so that is what I did. When I got back to my apartment I called Nick and he said that he was unable to get a doctors appointment. So I asked him if he wanted to go to the ER. He then asked me “Do you mind?” It was a good thing that we were on the phone, as I just wanted to smack him – Would I mind? If I minded, I would not have asked! Not to mention, Abs may have killed us both if he did not get checked out! I told him to come down to the front of the building and that we would go to the ER before the rush got there. We then had a short discussion of what drinks and food would be served at the “ER Happy Hour!”…It is funny even if one of us is on deaths door, we can still make the other one laugh. At the ER we ragging on one another, drawing in other patients and making the staff laugh…in the end Nick was fine, he just needed to have some fluids and what not – the doctor told us that he would live and doubted that Nick really had an alien living in his bowels (My dx) and that if there was an alien, it did not show up on the x-ray which means that it is a very small one…I am very disappointed. I was looking forward to selling Nick and his alien on E-bay.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com