<$BlogRSDUrl$>

18 March 2004

I woke up this morning at 6:45 am EST. The first alarm to go off in the morning is the radio. About 10 minutes later the beeping goes off. If I have gotten enough sleep the night before or if I am really excited about what is going on that day I’ll get up when the radio goes off…but let’s be honest here. I usually hit the snooze button when the radio goes off, I’ll hit it again when the buzzer comes on, and finally get up when the radio goes back on. This morning, I was good even though I was not really excited to get going (especially when I heard how cold it was out side, 32 F, brrr!) but I laid there petting the Kitten, who was very excited that I was awake and giving pets, and on the other side petting the doggie who was standing on the floor waiting for me to tell her to get into the bed, where she is not allowed, but has been sleeping during the day while I am at work. I know this as a fact as the sheets are messed up when I get home - I make it before I leave in the morning.
I usually take the Metro into work in the morning. Since I have been at Phil’s I have been driving and was thinking of parking the car at my place and then walking to the Metro and taking that in, thus giving me a chance to finish re-reading “Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason”. (Some events of my life recently have driven me to re-read the Bridget Jones books as I can relate to her on some, okay MANY levels. I just hope that my journal is as entertaining as her is, but you’ll have to let me know on that front.)
But the local news said that there was a fire this morning on the Metro and that big parts of the system were shut down as well as Connecticut Avenue (one of the main streets in and out of D.C.). The news suggested leaving a bit later (if possible) and also not to take the Metro. Which as I am sure most of you can figure out leaves us with buses or cars. I took the car option.
“*&%$@#*&(^(*%$*%$^%$^%#^%^Z&!!@#$%!!@!!” and
is all that I can say about my 1.5 hour commute this morning! (It usually takes 20 minutes!)

I have decided to make up, print out, and distribute the following rules the next time I am in a traffic jam such as the one that I was in this morning.
1.It is not proper to speed up and then slam your breaks on when traffic is not moving.
2.The only thing that the above accomplishes is:
a.The burning gas, wearing down of breaks
b.A net gain of about 2 feet for you and your car
c.And upset for everyone around you!
3.I will not “move up” and block any of the following:
a.A cross walk
b.An intersection
4.I will not honk at the person driving in front of me if they do not move as soon as the light turns…you should wait at least 3 seconds to make sure that some other jerk is not about run a red light and cream you, after all that will just make a bigger mess and you’ll have to stick around as a witness which will make you REALLY LATE!!!
5.Do not try and intimidate me with your gas guzzling SUV while I am driving my very cute and pretty gas efficient sports car…and as a side note you get much better gas mileage when you drive a stick! :)
6.Do not cut me off to get one car length ahead and then switch back (and forth again and again and again) you are making the whole back up worse!!!
7.As to those lovely gestures that you are making and those lovely words that keep on coming out of your mouth – I am sure that your parents raised you with manors. How would they feel about your behavior?



I got back from the Radiation Safety office (they called in the middle of my writing this and said that unless I came down right away I, and everyone else in the lab, would no longer be allowed to use Radioactive materials.



I saved what I had written and went down with the binder and got everything fixed (nothing that I personally had done, but I am the one that needs to use it next, and before I could order my materials I had to fix what had been mixed up before). They were very nice and then I went with them over to the Match Day Results Party at the Med School. (Match day is a national day when 4th year medical students find out where they will be doing their Intern/Residency Program.) I came back to find everyone gone…okay pretty much everyone except for Chris and Ana. Chris then disappeared (to class) and the solution happened to be that the University of Maryland game is on….ahhh…so that is where most of the Male population of the building (and some of the women) when to…there is a motion opf those left in the lab about closing it down…with only two (three when Chris gets back) of us to vote on it, I think that it will pass and carry! Weee! I’ll have a nap this afternoon!!!!!



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com