<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20 March 2004

Weekends... 

I woke up yesterday morning as the B&J in the middle of a sandwich. On my front (left side of the bed) was the Kitten and against my back (the right side of the bed) there was something larger than another kitty and it was breathing against my back...But what was it???
Now, I have had a moment like this before, I woke up to find someone sleeping with me in my bed in college. For a few moments, you try to take stock of what is going on around you before you open up your eyes. You go through the check list:

I went to bed alone last night - check
I did not go out and party last night - check
I did not drink last night - check
No one had an opportunity to slip anything into my drink last night - check
I REALLY DID GO TO BE ALONE LAST NIGHT - CHECK
There IS someone in my bed with me RIGHT NOW!!! - CHECK!


You then (without opening up your eyes, just in case you did invite someone into bed with you at some point!?!?) you "feel out" the other side of the bed.
In the case of college, there was a recently shaved leg and the sounds of Saturday morning cartoons and of someone eating cereal in my bed....After feeling the leg up to about mid thigh there was no denying it.

There was a woman in my bed, with me!

Now this then led to another round of questions in my head:

While I think that there are other women out there that are attractive, I have not had the desire to sleep with any of them – check
I don’t remember asking/allowing any other females to sleep with me last night – check
If there is some strange woman in my bed, I have no idea how she ended up here in the first place – check
I don’t remember anything of last night after going to bed – check
If something did happen between us, it could not have been that earth shattering as I do not remember it at all – check
Thus, I am still attracted to men, I want to be with men, and I will have to explain this to this nice lady that I will not be starting a relationship with her – check


I was about to open up my eyes when I heard “Excuse me Sweetie! What do you think you are doing?”

Ah Ha! I knew that voice! I knew it very well! It was none other that wonderful and beautiful creature Katie-Kate! It seems that she was up nice and early (7:30am), hungry, and a bit lonely so she had taken my key (it was the spare, she had mine and I had hers) and come down to my dorm room (she and I both had double rooms for a single person, a very nice set up I must say) for some breakfast. She knows that I can sleep through the second coming, so she turned the TV on, got herself a bowl of cereal, and as it I like to keep it a bit cold, climbed in to my very comfy and warm bed to enjoy her Saturday morning.
After we dined on Lucky Charms (pilfered from the dinning hall as it was one of their finest meals) and got our fill of Saturday morning cartoons (it did not take us long) we decided to go back to sleep.
But this story gets better, my Mother called later on (at about 10:00 am!!! What was she thinking – I was in college!!! Getting up before noon on the weekends is sacrilege for most college students) and we had the following conversation:

Mom (in a good mood and almost singing): “Are you up and ready for another beautiful day? It is so beautiful here! I am going to go to my yoga class and then go out and work in the garden. What are you up to?”
Me (very grumpy and still half asleep): "No! Kate and I were just sleeping right now.”
Mom (with some shock in her voice): “Doesn’t Katie live down the hall? ALONE? Don’t you live alone?”
Me: “Yeah, usually. But we were asleep in bed just now.”
Mom (the voice was quivering at this point): “Is there something that you would like to share with your Father and I?”
Me: “Yes! You call too early in the morning!”
Mom: “No, something else…Are you and Kate [deep breath here and in a whispering tone]…More than just friends?”

And then it hit me! Oh boy! I had a lot of explaining to do, and not for the reasons that she feared! So I explained the whole situation of the morning to her, and she felt much better...

But anyway, back to yesterday morning. Thankfully after going through the first check list in my head and everything check out, I felt the creature along my back…it was the Doggie! She knew that she was in trouble as soon as I started to feel around…She is not allowed up on the bed (she has been sleeping there during the day while I am at work, as when I return from work, the neatly made bed is all fussed up and has a Doggie imprint on it!). She quickly got down from the bed and ran away…While she thought that she was in a lot of trouble (and she was), I was just glad and relived that it was the Doggie and not a person, as Katie-Kate is living far away in Texas!


There is too much to do, not enough time. You have to love all of this running around that we all do on the weekends! I think that the kitten has gotten use to the idea that I HAVE to get up everyday early now that the Doggie has to go out...why can't she just learn to use a box like the kitties? The Doggie has found a real friend in the Kitten in that respect. The Kitten knows that if I am up, then ALL of the animals (the other kitty, the fish, the Doggie and most importantly the Kitten himself) will get breakfast. I think that relations would be perfect if the Doggie would just stop eating the Kitten's food! I need to find a nice high place to put his food when the Doggie can no longer eat it all...Just another thing to add to the list of things to be done today...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com