<$BlogRSDUrl$>

13 April 2004

Blah, blah, blah 

…I have a bad case of the “Blahs”…it has been raining here for 3 days now...but they the weather people tell us that it is going to be sunny and warm (in the 70's) this weekend, so that should help...I am having one of those days. I am going to in the lab late tonight and the weather has been icky for the past few days and it is just not helping my mood. I have to radio label fresh probes today before I start in on the experiment so it will be another one of those wonderful 9+ hour experiments. Soon, my whole life will be about these EMSA’s…the last few (okay 8 or so) that I have done have shown nothing…I just have to keep in mind that you learn as much from “no information, this SNP does not cause a shift in binding” experiments as you do from the ones that give “Oooo! A shift! All that I need to do is find out what it is and then I can publish these!” results.
At this point I am guessing that I’ll be out of here by about 9:00 pm tonight. Not always the best, but at least I will not be catching the last shuttle to the Metro and praying that I don’t miss it going in the direction that I want it to. Thankfully, I can take the Metro either way. The way that I want it to go drops me off 2 blocks from my apartment and the other way I have to pick up the Metro bus, but then it drops me off right in front of my place and I just have to walk into my building. I am sure that the kitten will be ticked off by the time that I get home as his dinner is going to be VERY late. I was going to go food shopping, but I am going to put that off now. If I am not too worn out by the time I get home, I am going to make another batch of the “finger print” cookies and send them off to Kate when I drop my taxes off at the post office. If one else want some cookies, let me know.
In the odd sightings of day report (okay maybe the week for this one): I was walking over to the radiation office to pick up some radioactive P32 ATP this morning and there were some workmen hanging out by one of the buildings. Now that in of its self was not odd as one the wings in the building is being gutted and new labs are being installed. These guys have been hanging out for about 2 weeks now and they always try talking to me, but as I do not know Spanish, it is kind of hard to communicate. The odd part of my morning was when one of them stood up and I realized that his pants were down around his ankles. And no, they were not just too big and fell down, they were unzipped as he made a big production about pulling them up and zipping them up. It just reconfirmed that “tighty whities” just don’t do it for me. I really did not know what to say to him, so I just shook my head and walked into the building…oh well…at least I got a chuckle out of it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com