<$BlogRSDUrl$>

01 April 2004

A rainy Thursday 

It is another rainy day outside today. It is cool which just makes everything damp. The weather people say that it is going to stop raining by Saturday. I am looking forward to a low-key weekend and sleeping in on Saturday. (I don’t sleep in on Sundays as A. it is wet food day, and the Kitten knows it and B. It is CBS Sunday Morning!) I am planning on making cookies this weekend so that I can drop some off for Abs homecoming (has it been 3 months already!?!?) and also so that I can bring some home for the family when I go back up to Philly next weekend. I may or may not have company for cookie making; I’ll have to wait to hear back from them. I have counted up the days and found out that I will be in PA for 15 days out of 30 this month!!! I’ll have the path between the two will be beaten down! But at least it is only a 2-hour drive between the two places. I went out to feed the meter a bit ago and there is a protest going on over at the hospital. There are a bunch of mommies and babies (of all ages) protesting as many of the midwives have been laid off from the hospital due to budget cuts. (Thankfully the research center and the hospital are no longer joined.) Somehow, I don’t think limiting people’s choices of who can provide their health care is going to help with attracting people to the hospital. Many of the children were little (2 to5) and they were all playing in mud puddles and trying not to get their signs muddy – but they looked like they were having so much fun that I wanted to join them – but I had to go back to work!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com