<$BlogRSDUrl$>

11 May 2004

Caution! Not a nice posting! 

I ended up not going to PA this past weekend. I ended up not doing much due to an outbreak of hives from someone eating shellfish near me at work on Friday. I called my mother when I left work (early) and told her that I was going to go back to my place and crash for a bit before I was going to undertake driving up to PA. She then talked to my Father and they both agreed that I should stay put and just recover from the hives, the posion ivy, and the high doses of steroids that I was on. So that is what I did (in addition to speding time at work) and I was starting to feel more like myself.

Yesterday morning I dropped Abs off at work and then the rental (I am still a bit ticked that I spent the money on it and really did not get to use it for the intended purpose) and went to work. I left a bit early so that I could go home to do Abs hair for the Helen Hayes Awards that she and Nick were attending. She look absolutly beautiful when they left (and the hair style was not too shabby I must say!).

With not much else to do for the night, Lara and I decided to go out for dinner to the local chinese resturant up the street and to finish the night off with some coffee. As soon as we sat down and were ready to place the order, my cell rang.

It was my Grandfather’s girlfriend number. Now, I admit – I did not call last week (I spoke to them the Sunday before last) and everything was fine. With all that had been going on last week, I figured “no news is good news”. How wrong I was. He has been in the hospital for the past week and she did not want to call as it “might upset everyone”. WTF? I told her to call me day or night! No matter what! She agreed! She promissed! And now my Grandfather is laying in the hospital, dying and she is calling because she needs my father to get her money! (I am guessing that the bank knows that only my grandfather or my father can write out checks and make withdraws on the accounts.)

I am so ticked off, it is beyond words. She is making decisions about him and for him and cannot even tell me what excatly is wrong other than:
“Sandi your grandfather is getting ready to check out. Sandi, I need to talk to your Father about money! I cannot do anything here by myself! Your Father needs to come down here and take care of this! I cannot get in touch with him and I need the money!”
What the hell does she need the money for at time like this? From everything that she is saying, he will not be getting out of the hospital any time soon - or if he is he is, he will not be going home or to a nursing home.

She has no medical education and she is making medical decisions?!

This is the same woman that was convinced that the doctors and insurance companies were not letting him out of the hospital (the cardiac unit of the hospital mind you) because it was cheaper to keep him in there than to let him go home and get the chemo and radiation (outpatient) for his cancer. EXCUSE ME!? Are you on Crack here lady?

Yeah, because we all know that the cardiac unit of the hospital is just SO cheap! After he got out and the doctors told him that he was not to start the chemo and radiation again until his blood levels stablized, she ignored them! She told me that she did not think that the chemo was effecting his blood counts! She said that she “knew” that it was the cancer that was causing all of the problems. I explained to her, in painful detail how chemo is basicly posion. That there is a fine line between killing cancer cells and killing a person and that chemo was not just a straight forward kind of thing. That blood levels needed to be watched very carefully. That sometimes, chemo is a stop and start process. That it would all depend on how well he tolerated it.

But has she listened? No.

I think that she has put him into a worse state than he was already in. I have spoken to my Father and we have agreed that we both need to go down to Florida and take care of the situation. She says that I am not allowed to come down as it may upset him more. Excuse me? What happened to when just two weeks ago you were singing my praises as he was doing so much better when I was down taking care of him? What about the fact that I (unlike you) don’t upset him. That I allow him to have some peace. I have just sat there in the hospital, listening to the doctors, questioning and discussing with them different treatment options. Never once have I yelled at them claiming that they were doing what they were doing because they were trying to save money. What do you do? You stand around the hospital telling everyone that he is your husband and that the doctors are trying kill him. Doing nothing but upsetting everyone around you, and you have the gaul to tell me that I am the one that does the upsetting? Screw you!
Yes, right now I am bitter. Yes, right now, I am really ticked off. Sorry for the rant.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com