<$BlogRSDUrl$>

26 May 2004

So the pain in the ear got worse over the weekend even after over doing it on Tylenol and Advil (rx strength from the doctor). So I sucked it up and went to the dentist on Monday morning before work as one tooth actually did hurt. After waiting around for a few hours – he has been on vacation for the past week so there was a lot of catching up for him to do – I finally got the tooth in question checked out. It looked good, as did the other teeth – no signs of cavities. But, considering that I don’t complain of pain unless it is really bad (I am one of those people with a high tolerance to pain) the dentist decided that we should take some x-rays. I knew that I was in trouble when everyone in the office crowed around my x-ray and one of his assistants turned to me and asked “Are you sure that you are not ready to die from the pain?” I got out of the chair and went up to the board to take a look at what the big deal was…an abscess…not the thing anyone really wants to hear. It seems that my habit of grinding my teeth caused me to crack a molar and from there it just went down hill. But thankfully, because of the earache it was caught fairly early and the tooth can be saved after a root canal and a new gold cap! (Usually people have to have the tooth pulled).
Here is a picture snatched from the web for an idea of what they were looking at:



The differences between my x-ray and this picture are:
1.It was one of my molars that we were investigating
2. That black mark (or shadow if you would rather) – was just above the molar and it covered the roof of my mouth
So I now have a lovely rx for 2000 mg of penicillin for the next week and then we will proceed with the root canal.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com