<$BlogRSDUrl$>

05 May 2004

A week on Benadryl is starting to get to me. I started taking it last weekend when I got hives from being around shellfish (Aunt Beth’s crab cakes top be exact). Then last Thursday/Friday the poison ivy started. I kept on taking until I went to the doctors on Monday for the shots, and they told me to keep on taking it until I was finished with the steroids.



After work I need to go get some more – lucky me. I am thinking of taking out stock in it at this point.

I had great plans of going home early tonight and going to bed nice and early, like at about 8:00 pm, I kid you not. I also need to make the phone calls that I had needed to make yesterday and did not make because I did not leave the lab until after 7:00 pm last night. But, as the case maybe, my Grandmother is in town this week, so I have to go out to dinner with her and some other family members after work. I have to meet them at the restaurant at 5:30 pm, so I will be getting out of work “early”, but I will not be going home to my bed. I am hoping that I’ll be able to get into my bed by 10:00 pm at the latest, but we’ll see.

I had a meeting this morning nice and early and I actually made it here to work by 7:45am. The meeting (8:00 am) “Ending the Suffering and Death of People with Cancer by 2015” which was given by the director of the NCI. I was not too bad, but I really wish that there had been more useful information as to how all of this will be done. It is nice idea in theory, but I really cannot see insurance companies knowing that one of their subscribers has a high rate of developing cancer at some point and being will to still cover their care…the joys of being in science. It is not just about solving a problem or developing a treatment anymore, it is all about the politics…it can be a really sad world at times, you know.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com