<$BlogRSDUrl$>

15 June 2004

The weekend was less then exciting, for the most part. I mostly hung around and just took it easy. Friday was a total wash – the weather was ugly and it was somewhat cold, so my original idea of going and reading outside of one of the local coffee shops was now an option. I talked to Jeanie early in the evening and we discussed the idea of going out with some others, but it never really materialized, probably due to the fact that by that point the rain was really coming down and no one felt like walking to their respective Metro stops. But we were able to decide to have dinner over at my place the following night.
After finally getting out of bed at 10:30 am (!!!) on Saturday and reading the paper, I did some cleaning and getting read for dinner before going down to the pool for a nap. The highlight of the dinner was going to be the introduction of a new vegetable for both Jeanie and I – the kohlrabi!
Phil had grown them in his garden and then brought them in for us…I seemed to be the only one that was really interested in trying it, so I of course needed a fellow victim and Jeanie was picked, but she did not complain and was kind of looking forward to it also.
Over all, it was not bad. I cut and pealed it like you would a potato. Over all it smelled and tasted like cabbage, but had the texture of a turnip. I laughed really hard when I was looking for a picture of a Kohlrabi this morning and I found out that the name comes from the German words, “Kohl” for cabbage and “rabi” for turnip! Over all, the meal went well and the steaks came out of the broiler just at the perfect time. I sent Jeanie home with leftover steak and potatoes (double baked Florentine) and a few new books for her to read. Over all, a very enjoyable (cheep) night in with an old friend.
Sunday came around and the weather was overcast and cool. I called Abs to see what she was up to for the day. She said that she was going to be leaving soon to drive up to PA to drop her stepfather off at his place. As he lives about 20 minutes away from my mothers house, I asked her is she would like the company and maybe even dinner at my mom’s house – Abs said it sounded like a plan. I called my mother to check to make sure that it was okay “Oh! Of Course! We would love to see you!” was the reply from her.
After a nice dinner with Aunt Beth (my mother already had made plans to go to a concert that night) so she left when dinner was about half way done with her friend Lynne. We were back in D.C. a few minutes after 10:00 pm so that we both could make our bed times.

Yesterday at work it was nonstop! Day it is a bit calmer, but come Wednesday – the pace will be picking up again…

Oh, and just for fun:
Your Corny
Your Corn!


What type of Vegetable Are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com