<$BlogRSDUrl$>

27 July 2004

1. I was an only child until I was 26 years old.
2. I grew up about half way between Philadelphia and Lancaster.
3. I was the fist one in my Mother’s family to be born out side of either Philadelphia or Ireland in many generations.
4. I have naturally curly (and very unruly) hair.
5. It was very long (sitting on length when uncurled) until a few months ago.
6. I picked a major before going into college, and stuck with it.
7. I did however, change one of my minors.
8. I hate chemistry, but I am actually very good at it.
9. It took me two tries to pass Organic Chemistry.
10. But I did do it!
11. I have wanted to be a doctor since I was about 4 years old.
12. When I was in college I decided that I did not want to go to medical school.
13. I decided to do a Ph.D. track instead.
14. My problems in organic had nothing to do with my decision not to go to medical school.
15. I have already finished a “Pre-Doc” fellowship at the NIH.
16. After the fellowship, I decided that I no longer want to work with animals.
17. I also decided that it (REALLY) sucks when both your patients and your animals do nothing but die.
18. I never wanted to be a rock star when I was growing up.
19. “The Kitten” presently owns me – and he is very bad.
20. I have had hormone related health issues since I was 11.
21. My bra and underwear always match.
22. It is very uncommon for my toenails not to be painted.
23. I have an aversion to (my own) body hair.
24. I cannot wait until I get laser hair removal.
25. I am severely dyslexic along with a few other learning differences.
26. I was not diagnosed until I was 9 years old.
27. The doctors told my parents that they did not know if I would ever finish high school if it was not treated.
28. I ended up going to a special school so that I could learn “coping skills”.
29. I no longer test as having learning differences, but the results are not as “clean” as a person that never had a learning difference.
30. I hate the word disability, in case you did not notice.
31. I come from a long line of people that are only blue eyed.
32. I my eyes are more of the blue green variety.
33. Most of the women in my family are 5’6” and above.
34. I am only 5’2.5” tall.
35. I am one of the shortest people in my family.
36. I have some of the smallest feet in my family.
37. I own about 40 pairs of shoes.
38. I wear them all on a semi regular basis.
39. It has been mentioned to me that I am very affectionate with my friends.
40. It has also been observed that it is not the same with the guys that I date until it is decided that we are an item.
41. My middle name is Therese (with the accents agu and grave added, please).
42. It is French, and I get upset when people pronounce it incorrectly.
43. My mother came up with my middle name because St. Therese, the little child of 44. Jesus has always been her favorite saint.
45. She still calls me up with “Rose Alerts” when she finds a random rose and she has been praying to St. Therese.
46. My Mother calls me, a lot.
47. I will never have (or will do my best never to have) only one child.
48. There is WAY too much pressure to be “perfect” (aka: no large screw ups) when you are the only one.
49. My toenails are pained “mirror” right now. (Really, they look a mirror!)
50. I cannot stop looking at my toes as they look so cool!
51. My last name has been changed three times since my Grandfather’s Parents came to this country.
52. Each time, it was changed to sound “less Jewish”.
53. It is a “common” converted name for Jews.
54. I am a very determined person.
55. As in, I am determined to finish this list.
56. I will not be doing an A to Z as Lara suggested last night, at least not for a long time.
57. I usually feel like I am an impatient person.
58. I have been told many times that people think that I am patient.
59. When I was in college I chose to do Hospice for my “Patient Interaction and Contact” for medical school.
60. Most of my patients were cancer patients.
61. My last two were AIDS patients.
62. I decided then, that AIDS has to be one of the worse ways to die.
63. I hate horror films.
64. I dislike “romance novels”.
65. I push away when I feel smothered.
66. Shellfish causes me to go into anaphylaxis.
67. I do not eat any type of seafood (unless it is Kosher) as I cannot be sure that 68. I will not have a reaction.
69. The allergist informed that I am not allergic to lobster (according to the tests), but I have been told not to try – “it just in case”.
70. I have never liked seafood.
71. The three foods my parents love the most, I am allergic to.
72. The foods are: Mushrooms, Seafood, and Nuts.
73. I can usually be found wearing skirts year round.
74. I have only gone to Catholic schools (with the exception of the “special” school for three years) since kindergarten.
75. When I was little, my Mother and I would speak in French a lot of the time.
76. I can still read it passably and understand it, but have a lot of trouble speaking it.
77. I also know an acceptable amount of Yiddish.
78. I knew all of my grandparents.
79. I only have my Father’s Mother (my Nana) left now.
80. I knew 2 of my great-grandparents.
81. My Great-Grandmother was alive until I was in high school.
82. My Great-Grandfather died when I was 3.
83. They were both from my Fathers side and were immigrants from the old country.
84. The country that they are from (The Austrian Hungarian Empire) is no longer in existence, which can make it hard to find information about my family.
85. Sadly, it is a good thing that the Nazis took such good records.
86. I get very annoyed when people pronounce my first name as “Sondra”.
87. I also get ticked when people spell my nickname with a “y”, only after they have been corrected, of course.
88. My favorite colour is blue.
89. I also like pink, purple, and green.
90. Many have described me as a “girly girl”.
91. I love to sleep.
92. I also enjoy cooking for people, and get very unmotivated when there is no one to cook for.
93. I want to stay home and raise my children if and when I get married and have children.
94. I do not want to live in D.C. for the rest of my life.
95. I hate to wake up, and can be pretty grumpy until I am awake and I have had my coffee.
96. I love kosher dill pickles.
97. One of my favorite snacks is celery with cream cheese and green olives – yummy!
98. I love the ocean, and could not imagine not living within driving distance of it.
99. I have a skin disorder (psoriasis) that is easily cured by sitting in the sun. (My Mother says that of course, I would have a skin disorder that would require me to get a tan!)
100. I like meeting new people, but can get very “chatty” when I am nervous.
101. I love naps.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com