<$BlogRSDUrl$>

20 July 2004

Boys and Movies... 

Not much has been going on with me since the last time I really wrote….I STILL want to know to wrote that comment…it is driving me up a wall…
I have to find out if I’ll be going out of town or not this weekend. It could be a “girls weekend down the shore” with Melissa, but we are still waiting to hear what’s going on from her brother.
Random discussion (via e-mail) between Melissa and I about what I am wearing tonight (as she we are female and the discussion always comes around to what we are, or are not wearing) as I am going out to the movies with Dan (yes, from last week) tonight.
Me: “…I'll need to get myself into a sweater just in case the movies are a bit cold... I think that we have passed the age where making out at the movies is acceptable...”
Melissa: “Not sure where the logic in that last part came from, but I stopped making out in movies at 16!!!!”
Now where did this topic come from? Let me explain, sorry for those that already know most of this. In the lab there are not a lot of females. We have a female lab manager (who’s married), the big boss is female (and married), and a female grad student doing a rotation for the summer (and of course, she is married). Thus this leaves me as the lone single female in the lab. Now, I personally do not have a problem with this one. But, and you know it is going down hill from here, the boys in the lab do. Not all of the boys I should point out. Chris is fine with it and Jerry doesn’t have much to say on the topic – but then again he’s new…but from the rest of the boys…I get so much flack. And it is stupid. Really, really, really stupid. You know.
When the flack from last weeks out died out with the end of the workweek, I thought that I would be safe.
I was until yesterday at lunch. (See it did not last very long!)
As we were all sitting around eating (some still doing experiments so they were in and out, but still within ear shot) I was asked what ever happened to “the guy from last week”. I looked questioningly at them, cocked an eyebrow and ask for a more details. They wanted to know if any thing was going on.
As in, and I quote “did he really find you to acceptable enough to spend more time with, because after all you did not put out last week!”
(…ummm…putting out…that’s a topic for another day…)
But anyway, I informed them that I had plans with him to go see De-lovely, and right away they started in on me about making out in movie theatres. Now maybe be it is just me, but I think Melissa hit the nail right on the head with her comment. I was talking to my friend Vicki about the whole conversation…she said that it is just proof that I am no longer a teenager.
Oh, the other interesting thing that was said at lunchtime was that it was pretty much agreed between the guys that anything over 10 minutes of “making out”, should automatically lead to sex…and if that’s not on the table that men should be informed of this before hand as it is just a waste of time for them…as “No guy just like to make out with a chick for a long period of time because it is no fun!”
I think that the boy’s and I are living in two very different universes…

(thanks to Chris over at “mywebpages.Comcast.net/zero101” This is his own original comic strip!)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com