<$BlogRSDUrl$>

10 August 2004

So it has been awhile since I last wrote, probably because I was still living down the mortification of last week’s events…and also because I knew that there was another embarrassing event that I would be sharing with you all.
So, Sunday night Phil, Bill, Wonder Boy and I went out for our last night on the town before Wonder Boy’s trip to Medical School in Granada. It was a fun night. Dinner was wonderful! Afterwards we decided to hit a few more bars before going dancing…yeah…needless to say, we were not feeling much pain by the time the night ended. Phil dropped me off at my place, and as usual I HAD to get a shower before going to bed. So I am in the shower – doing my thing…washing my hair when I get water in my ear. So what do I do? I decide to shake my head to clear it. In the middle of a shake my head SMACKED the soap holder that is just at (my) head level. Now, the sad part about this is that I do this about once a month, no mater what my sobriety level is, which is usually sober. You would think that I would have learned by this point. But no!
Now, my shower has two soap holders in it, one right above the other. One, right at “lifting your leg up to walk, just so that your knee hits it” level and the other one “at my forehead” level. If I owned this place, those soap holders would be history! So of course, my eyes are shut, a few words that cannot be re-uttered were used (loudly) and a curse upon soap holders was issued. Thankfully, I did not crack my head open, as that would have been a lot of explaining and I am sure that Abs would not have liked that phone call at 3:00 am. All I could think about was the worse part of this would be trying to explain to the ER doctors, that “No, this was not an alcohol related injury, it is one that I do all of the time – it was just really bad this time and I was drinking!” Yea, that would have really gone down well with my mother when I told her to expect a new scar on my face.
I think that the shower is now laughing at me as last night as I was in the shower I noticed that there was way more water around my feet than I am use to. Now, we are not talking about just a smidge. Or a “light foot covering” of water, we are talking about a good 6 to 7 inches. Yea…and then I noticed that there were “things” floating in my shower…organic looking things…
I left a note for my building manager; hopefully they have been able to snake the drain today while I have been at work, other wise – I am off to Abs’ place tonight for my shower…

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com