<$BlogRSDUrl$>

08 November 2004

don't mess with me and my shoes... 

The Semi Annual Sale can bring me to tears. It really can. Not that I don’t shop there anyway, but when the semi sale comes along, I get really excited. So with all of the stress from the weddings this weekend, I decided that I was going to go out and get a few things for myself.
Well, I am sure that you can guess where I headed off to. Yup, the shoe department. I found the cutest pair of shoes that could actually be worn in the winter with out anyone commenting “Aren’t your toes cold?” (FYI: The usual reply is “No. Why would they be? Because YOU think that it is cold out?”)
But in any case, when the other shoe was brought out, I discovered a mark on it. Not just a little on that could be wiped away, but one that was IN the satin. I pointed out to the salesman that was helping me, and he said that he would look for another pair.
Now the shoes in question, come in three different colour patterns – blue, pink and orange. (I cannot find a picture of the blue ones anywhere on the net, sorry. The name of the shoe style is “Chiquita” if you want to try to find them and they are manufactured by Steve Madden, that site was REALLY slow today and kept on timing out.) I told him that I was going to look around the store and that I would be back in a bit to find out what could be done. I ended up getting these shoes up stairs while I waited for the out come of the hunt.
I end up back down stairs about a half an hour later to find out that STORES in the area has these shoes in this colour in my size. He tried to push the other colours on me, but I told him that I wanted THAT colour, on ones that did not have a mark on them. Or if they were unable to find another pair, I wanted these shoes at a discount. Note, that this was not the “floor shoe” that had the mark, oddly enough. Finally he told me that both he and the manager thought that the mark was not that big of a deal and that if I would not buy them, someone else would. Now, the manager at no point while all of this was going on came out to see me or to talk to me about this issue as she was “too busy” to deal with a minor matter such as a marked up shoe. As I explained to the sales person, it is one thing if I were to mess up a pair of shoes once I own them. But, when I buy something, especially when it is still pretty expensive even when it is on sale, I expect it to be perfect.

So I told the man that I would take the shoes, but that I wanted her card and that I would be calling the corporate office in the morning to let them know about the situation. He went to get the card while another girl rang me up. She told me that the behavior of the manager was inexcusable and that she hoped that the corporate office would do something about the situation. Finally he came back with the card and told me that his boss did not think that corporate would really care.

So this morning, I called them. And guess what? They do care.

There are no more shoes of this colour pattern in my size left in the national stock. The store manager of that location has now been on the phone with Steve Madden today getting them to find out if they can either, find another pair in my size or of there is any fabric left to make a new pair. If all of that fails, then they will send the shoes out to have them professionally cleaned and repaired at their expense.
You know, I would have never made such a big deal about the whole situation if they had been polite and nice about it in the first place.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com