<$BlogRSDUrl$>

13 December 2004

A letter for Abigail 

Dear Abs,
I am sorry that I did not go with you this morning for our usually Metro walk. You see, my Father gave me a gift for the holidays that I needed to turn in. It seems that he thought that I would like a 5 gallon container of change.
Yes, that is right – a container of change. This would be the container that he has been collecting change in for many years.
Needless to say, I really could not think of a good use for that many rolls of pennies, nickels and dimes. How many rolls you ask, well the grand total of my present ended up being a bit over 200 dollars in coins. Approximately two thirds of that was in PENNIES. Yes, you just heard, read, me correctly.
Thankfully, he did roll it for me, so I just had to turn it all in. But it still was a sight to see me trying to lug that amount of rolled coins into the bank this morning.
They looked at me really oddly when I asked for rolls of quarters at the end of that transaction. The woman looked at me, blanched and then asked if I wanted the whole amount of money that I just handed in back in quarters. I told her that I did not plan to use that much in the meters as I usually take the metro. She told me that it was a good thing, as they would probably have to special order that amount of quarters for me, as they need at least a few rolls for other customers.
I am now wondering if they will reject my membership at the credit union.
I’ll keep you posted.
I should be back to our normal schedule later on this week, but I will be missing Friday as I will be busy recouping from surgery.
Talk to you soon,
s



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Guestmap from Bravenet Free Guestmap from Bravenet
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com